Sunday, May 26, 2013

flower hat

i look like i have wings

Look what I found at Freo Market.
A flower hat made out of felt from Nepal.

I've actually seen it before and thought it looked kind of silly.
This time however, I decided to put it on to see what it looks like.
And I actually quite like it.
But didn't buy it of course.

I couldn't justify paying $30 for it because:
- Its made in Nepal.
-Probably sold for $1 in Nepal.
-I'll feel stupid for contributing to someone who probably pays cheap rent at the market and sells their things at an exorbitant price.
-Its not even a Fair Trade shop.
-Oh and I don't know if I'll ever wear it.

If it was a Fair Trade shop like Oxfam, I probably could justify buying it.

I know I sound like a hypocrite because I buy stuff from shopping malls.
But you get what I'm trying to say right?
Eventhough it does sound like I only support big massive businesses and not small businesses.


No comments: