Wednesday, May 22, 2013

nasi lemak craving

Nasi Lemak aka Coconut Milk Rice is probably what I miss eating the most.
I've only attempted cooking it once with Kristie.
Now, its just too much effort to go through just for me to eat.



Some mornings, I just wish there's a makcik selling nasi lemak bungkus along Stirling Highway.
How AWESOME would that be?!!!



For the past couple of years, I've been looking for a place in Perth that sells good nasi lemak.
I quite like the nasi lemak bungkus that the asian shop sells at Market City, Canning Vale.
But they only have it on Saturdays and its ages away.
Rasa Nyonya, Vic Park has quite nice nasi lemak  but its still a little far away for me.
My last option that's close to home and on the way back from work is Bibik Chan, Nedlands.
I don't really like their nasi lemak as a whole because their beef rendang is not that great. 
But their sambal ahlek (oelek) is to die for.


Nowadays, I just call them up to pack $5 or $10 of sambal ahlek for me to take away.
And I have it with everything I eat.
wraps, rice, sandwiches, pasta.. okay I think that's about it.

No comments: