Thursday, May 23, 2013

Super LOoooOOooOonnng week

This year has gone by so fast.
I can't believe its almost June.
Some weeks past so fast, before I know it, it's already the weekend.

But for some reason, this week feels like its taking its own sweet time to end.
It's only THURSDAY.
I went to work yesterday, thinking it was Friday.
Felt the same on Tuesday even.
Nothing much has happened but I just feel like I really need an extended weekend.
Luckily, next weekend is a long weekend. 
It's Western Australia Day.
One of the ten precious public holidays I get in a year.
It just sucks that by June third, I'll only have three more public holidays for the next six months.

I feel like I need a holiday so bad....

What is Western Australia Day?
Formerly known as Foundation Day. It is celebrated on the first Monday in June to commemorate the rich history and diversity that forms the WA we live in today. Its a day we show our pride and appreciation for all the efforts and achievements of our fellow citizens. Be it the past or present.

WA does not celebrate the Queen's birthday in June like the other states. Instead, we celebrate it in September or October (hmm.. the Queen sounds like a chinese. She gets to celebrate her birthday on two separate dates).

Also, WA is the only state in Australia that has introduced a holiday under its own name.

No comments: